HIFU Facelift Treatment
Zealous Hair & Beauty is extremely excited to have Lara Molloy offer the HIFU Facelift Treatment to our Hawke's Bay clients. Lara will be available 1 day a fortnight on a Monday for HIFU treatments.
WHAT IS HIFU?
The HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound) Facelift Treatment is a high intensity focused ultrasound treatment, or HIFU for short, is a non invasive treatment for facial ageing. This procedure is part of a growing trend for anti-aging treatments that provide some of the benefits of a facelift without the need for surgery.
As a nonsurgical technique, HIFU calls for less recovery time than a surgical facelift and with good aftercare, the benefits of a HIFU facial can last for about 1 year.
The facial is excellent for people that prefer "natural" and want a lift and glowing skin without needles.
- Instant lifting & tightening that increases with time
- Long lasting, firming and smoothing over time (90 days)
- Non-Invasive, energising and all natural ingredients with safe ultrasound, micro thermal spots to produce your own collagen and has filling action.
- Lifts brows and jowls. Reduces naso-labial folds and double chins.
- Reduces wrinkles
- Lifts the cheeks, eyebrows, and eyelids
- Defines the jawline and tightens the décolletage
- Natural looking and long-lasting results
- No downtime, safe and effective
75 MINUTES TO SMOOTH AND FRESH
- Step 1 – Enzymatic Peeling suited to your skin condition and ageing process will remove dead skin cells and stimulate circulation, improving skin texture, tone and glow.
- Step 2 – IPL to improve discolouration/redness. Wakes up cells and increases energy in cells.
- Step 3 - High intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) energy starts to build up the broken down collagen and elastin network in the SMAS layer. Unlike lasers and RF, which penetrate the skin from the outside, the HIFU therapy delivers energy at 4.5 mm to the same foundational layer addressed in a surgical face lift. This stimulates the growth of fresh new collagen and elastin, lifting and tightening the skin over 2-3 months, back to a more youthful and spectacular look!
- Step 4 – Cool, soothing hyaluronic face mask (can be taken home for use in the evening).
There might be slight redness, bruising, and/or swelling after the procedure. There may also be the need for repeated procedures and good HIFU treatment aftercare to arrive at and sustain the best possible results.
Approximately a 20% improvement can be seen immediately after the treatment. 3-6 months later, the final result is visible, so please be aware that since it takes the body some time to produce new collagen, it might take up to a couple of weeks before you start seeing results.
BEFORE AND AFTER IMAGES
FAQ'S ON THE HIFU FACELIFT TREATMENT
This HIFU FAQ covers many common questions about our non-surgical facelift.
How does it work?
HIFU stands for High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound, which is emitted into the skin in the form of tiny beams. These beams converge under the skin at different depths and create a minuscule source of thermal energy. The heat produced stimulates collagen so that it grows and repairs. Collagen is the agent that works to tighten the skin. The active role of collagen tends to decrease as we get older, which you will notice when the skin on your face becomes loose. Then, as HIFU reactivates the collagen, your skin will have a tighter feel and appearance.
How long until I see results?
You should see results within the first 20 days after the treatment. Results will continue to improve in the following weeks.
How long will the results last?
This is common HIFU FAQ. It is important to remember that this will vary from person to person. Results can last for up to 12 months. If you take care of your skin, then you will see long-lasting effects from just one treatment!
How many treatments will I need?
This will depend on your needs and expectations. The procedure can produce long-lasting results, but some people may benefit from a top-up treatment. However, most of our clients see effective results from only one treatment.
What areas can it be used for?
The HIFU Face Lift is ideal for treating signs of ageing around the eyes, and mouth. It can also help to reduce sagging skin on the cheeks. Depending on the area of the face, different intensities of the ultrasound will be used. In particular, lower levels of ultrasound are used around the mouth and above the eyes, because the skin is thinner and more sensitive.
Furthermore, the HIFU Face Lift can also target skin on the neck and décolletage. This helps to reduce signs of double chins, and leave you with a tighter and firmer neck.
Is HIFU painful?
Discomfort levels vary from person to person. Most people tolerate the treatment well while the energy is being delivered. Pain and discomfort associated with the treatment are temporary and are only experienced during the treatment.
Is it safe?
This is a popular HIFU FAQ. The HIFU Face Lift is a safe and non-invasive procedure. Our equipment and the treatment is certified.
How long will I need to recover?
This is the best part about the HIFU Face Lift – there is no downtime! You may experience mild redness after the treatment, but this will fade within a few days. After the treatment, you can resume your daily activities immediately, with brighter and fresher feeling skin.
Are there any side effects?
This is a common HIFU FAQ. You may experience some mild redness and tenderness in the treatment area immediately after the procedure. However, this will normally fade within a few days.
What can I expect before and after the treatment?
Before the treatment, you will have a consultation to ensure that you are comfortable with the procedure and that all of your questions are answered. Lara will mark areas of your face – this is done to highlight crucial nerves and veins. Finally, ultrasound gel is applied to the face so that the HIFU is as effective as possible, and the treatment is comfortable.
After the treatment, your practitioner will apply a serum to the face to promote healing. We advise that you purchase this and apply it at least once a day following the treatment to aid the growth and repair of collagen.